Jealous of the cool new gesture navigation feature on the Apple iPhone X and Android P? With Navigation Gestures, you don’t have to go out and buy a new phone if you want to change the way you use your phone. This app brings gesture navigation to any Android device!
Because of limitations added in Android P DP2, this app currently DOES NOT FUNCTION on devices running that firmware version or later.
Jealous of the cool new gesture navigation feature on the Apple iPhone X and Android P?
With Navigation Gestures, you don’t have to go out and buy a new phone if you want to change the way you use your phone. This app brings gesture navigation to any Android device!
Best of all, with Navigation Gestures you can completely hide the stock navigation bar
without root! This is the only gesture control app with this feature.
Swipe left, right, up, or down. Swipe up and hold. Tap. Double tap. Long press. There’s a lot of ways you can interact with the gesture bar to control your phone. Don’t like how the gesture bar looks? You can customize its appearance! Here’s what you can
– Change pill width
– Change pill height
– Change pill vertical position
You can also customize the action for each gesture, as follows:
– Go back
– Go home
– Open multitasking screen
– Open Assistant
– Switch to previous app (requires Nougat+)
– Hide pill
And if you purchase the premium addon, you get access to the following:
– Split screen (requires Nougat+)
– Pull down notifications
– Pull down quick settings
– Open power menu
– Media: play previous track*
– Media: play next track*
– Media: play/pause current track*
* Media actions are not guaranteed to work with every app. Media actions use standard Android APIs to work with most apps.
New Premium Features
– Keyboard switch action to launch keyboard switcher dialog
– Launch app action to launch a selected app*
– Added manual entry boxes for all sliders.
– Appearance sliders for pill corner radius, width, height, X position, and Y position can now be set to change by percentage rather than px/dp. Setting it to percentage means the pill will scale in landscape mode.
– Increased maximum Y position from 70dp to 130dp
– Hopefully finally fixes the problem where the navigation bar stills show in fullscreen apps like YouTube. This should also fix any screen “flickering” that you guys have reported where the nav bar jumps up and down.
– Separated the navigation bar hiding function from the pill function. This means hiding the nav bar is now OPT-IN. You can skip granting the WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS permission at startup and grant it later if you try to toggle the hide nav bar function. This should help fix those cases where the app thinks the device has a nav bar (and thus forced them to go through that setup) when they didn’t. Since we separated this function, there are now 2 Quick Setting tiles – one for toggling the pill and one for toggling the software nav bar.
-Added “larger hitbox” to Settings –> Compatibility and enabled it by default. This increases the hitbox of the pill from 4dp above to 12dp above, making it easier to hit.
– If a “swipe and hold” action isn’t set, it defaults to the “swipe” action in that direction. Eg. if “swipe up and hold” is unset and you swipe up and hold, the regular swipe up action will occur.
– Decrease minimum swipe and hold time from 200ms to 100ms.
– Changed priority of persistent notification on Android Oreo from Min to Low. This should hopefully stop the “app is running in the background” notification.
– Sensitivity and animations, in general, should be greatly improved.
– Option to keep the pill enabled when in car mode (Android Auto)
– Added “Keep Original NavBar in Fullscreen” option in Settings –> Compatibility if you want the navigation bar to still be accessible with a swipe from the side
– Fixed bug where volume dialog box stays on screen for 20 seconds
– Massive clean-up of preferences to make it more organized and prettier.
– Hopefully fixed the issue where the premium version wasn’t being detected. (Usually, a reboot on the user’s side fixed this.)
– Performance Improvements
– Tasker Plugin Support
– Activity Launcher
And many more features and bugfixes!
Full changelog: http://goo.gl/C9UefR